My Design Process~ Let's get to work! ~
- Design solves a problem. In order to provide a solution, you first need to understand the problem. As an experienced UI/UX designer and developer, I've established an efficient process to design and successfully implement design projects from beginning to end. I start with learning about the client, their business and goals. This is done in various ways, depending on the client or business stakehholders, and context. In this phase, we define objectives, problems to be solved, target audience and high level requirements.
- Next, I do my own research, analysis, and requirements gathering in detail, which will vary depending on the project, access to the users, and instructions from leadership: a comprehensive questionnaire, personal interviews, usability testing, researching best practices, analyzing requirements documentation from project managers, business analysts, and lead developers. I research the client's competitors to find out what it will take to set them apart. I study guidelines specific to the company or project that must be adhered to. I do a content and asset audit, and collect the assets I will need to design and build the site.
- After discovery, research and gathering requirements, the next step is diagramming user flows and establishing an initial site architecture and navigation. I sketch page layout options for the login page, home page and a few interior pages.
- Next, I create low-fidelity black and white wireframes in Adobe XD or Figma to share with the stakeholders. This is to help them stay focused on the user flows, site architecture, basic design concepts and main content, and not get distracted by visuals. Rapid iteration prototyping is a process that requires regular and frequent feedback and input from the stakeholders or client.
- Once the wireframes are finalized, the next step is to design high-fidelity prototypes in Figma, or code responsive prototypes directly in the browser. I'll set up a local environment to build the initial web pages and perform cross-browser, device and accessibility testing (if required). I'll design each and every element and interaction with pixel perfect precision, focusing on colors, spacing, typography, iconography, imagery, graphics, form elements, making sure everything is designed to create an optimal user experience from mobile to desktop.